Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Goodbye, My Love

In taking this journey, I know I need to go one step at a time. And I thought I'd start with the boys' frosted cinnamon PopTarts. No more buying them, I decided. It was just one food item, but it was a start, and they could do without.

I thought this as I reached into the Fat Free Pringles canister for the fourth time. My crutch food. My old faithful. The one I go to when forsaken everywhere else. And then I realized that it's not fair for me to impose change on a one-year-old and four-year-old, even though I can since I'm bigger, if I can't sacrifice a little myself.

So when this canister is gone, it's history. No more stacking three at a time and mindlessly chomping away during Sex In the City marathons. No more gelatinous Olean coating my tongue. (Mmm... Olean.) No more waking up dehydrated and clutching for water in any form after a particularly harsh late-night bender. Nope. It's time to crunch one last time and then bid adieu to the moustachioed round-faced cartoon man.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out, little guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I did read this a couple years ago, and it was horrid. Didn't eat fast food for a year. And then eeked it back. Gotta read it again. The most memorable piece to me was that tests showed there's more fecal matter in kitchen sinks (courtesy of washing meat from cows fed said matter) than in toilets. So a carrot dropped in your toilet would be more edible, conceivably, than one dropped in your kitchen sink. Scary stuff.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home