Thursday, April 19, 2007

And Now for a Break from Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...

Generally I don’t talk about my work in this blog, but I’m so excited about a book that is releasing this week, publishing out of my group, that I had to share.

This book was a lot of fun to put together. We were fortunate to have a great author, some top-notch and industry-recognized contributing knitting designers, cover and interior designers who really got the whole Harry Potter mystique, and editors who went the extra 10 miles to make a book that evokes the Hogwarts vibe.

To celebrate the book’s release, we worked with the author on a charity knit-along, which you can find here. All of the Potter hats created for the knit-along will be donated to Warm Woolies, a great organization that provides cozy outerwear for underprivileged kids who otherwise would suffer through very cold winters.

Because this book was such a huge deal for us, we spared no expense in securing modeling talent. While it wouldn’t be prudent or ethical to reveal the months of negotiation and legal back-and-forth behind the scenes, it was quite a coup for us to secure the following supermodel, who took some time from the catwalk to squeeze in a couple minutes in front of the camera for us. As you can see, he’s too sexy for his wand cozy... too sexy for his wand cozy...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been (undercover) reading your blog and have loved passing your recipes on to my boyfriend (who is the cook in our relationship). As a bookseller, I had to comment on this post. We're planning a huge Harry Potter party and it looks like I've found my Staff Rec for the month! So great.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

That's so cool, Sally! Of course, we'll now have to pay *huge* residuals to our wand cozy model. :) Thanks so much for the support!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home