Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whoo-hoo! Guess Who's One Year Old?

Yeah for me!

It's hard to believe. Monday Sylvie hit her first birthday.
This weekend both sets of grandparents came to celebrate.

I whipped up some applesauce cupcakes that I've made many times from The Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook. Something went terribly awry (the powdered egg substitute, perhaps?), however, and they collapsed like deflated basketballs. The lemon and strawberry numbers that Phil picked up from The Flying Cupcake were much, much more appropriate for such a momentous occasion.

Sylvie got some presents: Tasha Tudor books from Grandma and Grandpa Morrow, cute little girl clothes including the cutest, flounciest dress I've ever seen from Grandma and Grandpa Kitchel, a talking My Pretty Purse, which Tom and Max kept usurping to "show Sylvia how to use it."

How cool is it that the little girl's name in the story is Sylvie Anne?

Sylvie dove into her first cupcake with the kind of respectful gusto one might expect.
And then it was time for the ritualistic post-cupcake hose-down.

I can't believe you're 1, birthday girl!

Labels: