Thursday, September 18, 2008

Antiquarian Cookbooks for Your Viewing Pleasure!


I discovered the coolest site via the Angry Chicken blog. The Michigan State University Library and MSU Museum has scanned several dozen antiquarian cookbooks from its collection. So you can check out 200-year-old recipes perfect for everything from the chocaholic to the convalescent. I'm loving the 1830 copy of The Frugal Housewife, as well as Fannie Farmer's Food and Cookery for the Sick and Convalescent.

If you have a huge chunk of time on your hands -- cuz trust me, it's a time-suck -- check out Feeding America.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Ooh, I will check it out. I love this kind of stuff! Never mind that I'm supposed to be doing about a million other things at the moment... -J :-)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home