Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cooking to the Beat

This morning, after dealing with a clogged and overflowing toilet at 6:30 a.m., I set to work making a couple meals from 2-1/2 pounds of ground beef I'd just bought. Nearly two pounds went into Cincinnati Chili, a recipe I use verbatim from The Joy of Cooking, and the rest went into a pressure-cooker Bolognese sauce my friend David made up.

As I was smashing a dozen garlic cloves, crying over four onions, and listening to the sizzle of three different pans/appliances, I craved some background music but couldn't think of anything I wanted to stop to put on the stereo. So I'm going to make a Cooking mix playlist/CD to pull out for just such times.

So a question: If music is on when you're in the kitchen, what is it? What do you like to cook to?

5 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I have to be jammin'. I often use the wooden spoon as my microphone. I am Bette Midler in my kitchen and shower!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without a doubt, my favorite cooking CD is Mavericks, "Trampoline". Not a bad cut on it. I made spaghetti to it just last week.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Roxane said...

Okay, I'm useless when I comes to recommending music, but I wanted to let you know that I found your blog too! Very fun, I love the "slowish" food focus.

5:43 PM  
Blogger davitydave said...

That's right, I made it up.

4:46 PM  
Blogger davitydave said...

Oh, and I use the time cooking to move through the too-many complete albums I'm constantly downloading from iTunes. That way I've at least surveyed my purchases and can whip up a party mix in a pinch!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home