Friday, March 02, 2007

Free to a Good Home


This past holiday season, my company gave us all an insanely good discount on the newly published Bon Appetit Cookbook. It's a monster: 1,500 recipes and some gorgeous photography in a book the size of the Oxford English Dictionary. It even comes with a complementary one-year subscription to Bon Appetit.

I bought one for myself and stocked up for Christmas gifts. One was earmarked for a good friend who's a great cook, but she made a pre-holiday comment that she understands that some people like cookbooks, but she just finds it much easier to go online to get recipes. So her copy was left without a home. It's languished on a closet shelf in my office since. It's a really solid cookbook -- Bon Appetit does a lovely job of putting tasty twists on classics while keeping the recipes manageable.

If you'd like it, just write me a comment saying so or e-mail me at cindy_kitchel AT yahoo.com, where the "AT" is the "@" symbol. And I'm happy to mail it, so don't worry if you're not local.

Bon Appetit!