Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rubbing Shoulders with the Stars

I'm traveling for work this week, so the kitchen-recountings are going to be pretty spare. It'll be a week of lots of hotel buffets and stolen jaunts to the Whole Foods a couple blocks down the road.

This past weekend I tried to impress M with my limited celebrity access. It's never worked in the past. As we were watching Monsters, Inc., for example, M was confused and then just plain bored when I tried to explain that Mommy and Daddy used to live just a couple blocks from the man who does the voice of Randall.

But he's getting older, so when M was playing with some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I tried again to impress him. I said, "This will be hard to explain, but movies have people who write them, and one of Mommies friends from college was a writer on the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie."

His eyes got very wide and awed. He thinks I'm cool, I thought. And he replied, "There's. A. New. Teenage. Mutant. Ninja. Turtles. Movie??!!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy--
I hadn't heard about Cory doing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Good for him. I have to say my kids thought it was pretty cool that I knew the squirrel from "Hoodwinked." They love that movie. They wanted to know if he talks that fast in real life. ;-)
--Julie

6:40 AM  
Blogger amyzeats said...

on an entirely different note, i just want you to know that i am firmly in the grips of the knitting vortex -- i just came back from buying over 100 clams worth of yarn to make my friend tamar a blanket for her new, cute baby. help!!!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

You are so cool!

Thanks for making our magical mystery tour Friday more fun!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home